Compliance is of the utmost importance to us. In order to achieve compliance with waste accepting, handling and hauling, we developed our procedures to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations. These are the steps we follow:
1. Waste Identification – Generator completes a profile form according to its respective waste properties and characteristics and submits sample.
2. Acceptance – Profile is accepted or rejected pending review of profile, analytical and SDS if applicable. If accepted, a solid waste/organic/oils/metals EPA subcategory is assigned to the accepted waste and becomes part of the profile number.
3. Sampling – Sample is checked in laboratory for treat ability and cost analysis. Some types of testing we run are:
- ICP Metal Analysis
- SPE HEM
- Flash Testing
- pH Testing
4. Shipment – Sample is taken from the new incoming waste stream delivery and cross checked with profile in the laboratory. Also check for pH, metals and halogens if needed.
5. Treatment – Chemical pretreatment, metal precipitation, oil recovery and reuse, ultrafiltration, solidification, solid waste transfer/bulking and high solids dewatering are all possible treatment options depending on waste characteristics and treat ability studies.
6. Recycling & Disposal:
- Recovered Oil is consolidated and sent for reuse/recycling.
- Treated water is discharged into local sewer after ICP analysis. Discharge log is maintained in the laboratory to track each discharge on a batch by batch basis.
- Solids and consolidated sludge are sent to the landfill.